Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Motherhood is a Gift




Kensley made this plaque for me at school as a Mother's Day gift and I have to say it is one of the best gifts. I have always been a sucker for sentiments anyway but after having Kensley I think my sensitivity has intensified a considerable amount. Tears well up in my eyes and my throat aches at the simplest actions: Kensley contently playing and climbing on the playground by herself (a very independent girl she is), but then catching a glance from her with an immense smile and mighty wave, so delighted to see me watching her perform. It's times like these when I can't help but feel a wave of gratifying emotions. I love Kensley and I love Motherhood. It is a gift far greater than any treasure in the world.


1 comment:

  1. i have one of these kits for her this week while she is visiting so I can hang one on my wall!!! :)

    ReplyDelete