Ok so I'm a day late but I have a lot to blog about in
this post so here it goes....
Here is Kensley's 1 year old picture,
Here is Kensley's 1 year old picture,
as you know I have taken a new pic every month.
It's hard to believe a year ago (Feb. 12) Matt and I checked into
the hospital because I was having consistent contractions and the
swelling in my legs and feet was enormous (a very unpleasant
sight I must add). The doctor wanted me to stay overnight just for
observation, they had no anticipation of me delivering. Little did
we all know Kensley had other plans. My water broke at midnight
and thus the journey to her arrival began. It was an anxious,
thrilling, sleepless, painful, emotional and ultimately breathtaking
experience of a lifetime.
Kensley was born February 13, 2010 at 2:00 pm
So today, February 13, 2011 we celebrate a year of her life with us.
She is the light of our lives, bringing us joy and laughter every day.
We love you Kensley!! Happy Birthday!!
Matt and I decided every year for Kensley's birthday we are going
to take her to a different college campus. Some may say we are
being a bit extreme but hey we thought it was a good idea and
perfect since we love to travel anyway.
First stop for her first birthday....Stanford!!
Of course we would've chosen LMU, but she has already been
there and learned all about the athletic programs and fantastic
education as well. So we thought Stanford was a great #2. :)
The pictures above were all taken on the beautiful campus.
Now for the Birthday Bash...
(Here are only a few pictures from the party. I will post more
later when I receive a CD full of pictures taken by Jeri,
Matt's cousin's husband/ great photographer) Thx again Jeri!!
Unfortunatley Kensley came down with a cold days before her
party, but despite being sick Kensley had a great birthday!
We celebrated the special day with close family and friends and
she had a blast playing with her cousins David & Madelyn (only
3 wks younger) and friend Nicholas (only 4 months younger).
Yes you read that right she has a boy as a friend. We told her
it"s ok for now but when she is older "No Boys Allowed" haha!
She especially enjoyed digging into her cake although she was
quite hesitant at first. The funny thing was, since she is so good at
sharing now, she kept trying to hand pieces of her cake to Matt
and me as she managed to demolish it into a mess. In addition, the
girlie side of her was present as she also tried to wipe her hands
onto the tray each time she got them full of sticky icing...so funny!
It was a wonderful day for our little princess!
Thank you to everyone who celebrated with us!
Next year this time, you should take her to visit the University of North Dakota!
ReplyDelete