Friday, May 7, 2010

Third Time's a Charm

The famous line "Third time's a charm" proved to be true for me today. This afternoon I needed to run a few errands and anyone who has or had a baby can vouch that running errands is not quite "running" it's more of a slow motioned event, no matter how swift you try to be. Examples: buckling baby in car seat, taking stroller out of car and assembling (not that easy), taking car seat out and attaching it to the stroller (since Kensley is still too small for stroller alone), can't forget the bulky, yet stylish of course, diaper bag which has tendencies to accidentally bump things in its' path, then backtracking all of those things after errand, and repeat for next errand.

Now for the "Third time's a charm" story. I had Kensley in my arms and the bulky diaper bag around my shoulder as I walked out the door towards the car. I set the bag down and proceeded to buckle her in the car seat when all of the sudden I see her face turn bright red, while squirming a bit. Next thing I knew a loud sound emerged from her diaper area..."Could it really be a poopie?? I just changed her," I thought to myself. Sure enough my thoughts reigned true and back to the bedroom changing table we went. Shortly after I had her in my arms again walking back to the car, "fresh diaper we should be good to go now," I thought. Well that thought was very short lived. As I buckled her in the seat she moved her head side to side a little then her mouth opened and spit up rolled all down her cute little shirt. It wasn't just a tiny amount which I could have wiped clean with a wipe so we walked back to the bedroom. Finally; a new shirt, new diaper, new attempt to run my errands. It was the third attempt and it proved to be the "Third time's a charm".

It's stories like these that I love to experience, despite the seemingly inconvenience of events. It's what makes life interesting I guess and I wouldn't change it.

1 comment:

  1. abby/auntie abbyMay 8, 2010 at 5:32 PM

    cuuute lol kensley be easier on yo momma lol jk

    ReplyDelete