Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Mother's Day Full of Fun



 Matt and Kensley made this Mother's Day special from morning until night.  I woke up to breakfast; they made a trip to Krispy Kreme doughnuts and brought home a few.  Then Matt asked Kensley what they should do for me for Mother's Day and the only thing she insisted on was making me a cake.  Matt responded with, "Can we go to the store and buy a cake?" She said, "No Dada we have to make the cake.  We will need 10 bananas, 1 chocolate and 6 nuts."  We started laughing but then she looked at us like we were crazy for laughing!  It was so adorable!  So Matt took her to the store and bought ingredients to make a cake...the box kind since that was the easiest.  They worked hard in the kitchen and made a delicious chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, they know how I love chocolate!  While they were baking I bought my Mother's Day gift, some new sunglasses.  If you know me you know I can't be in the sun without a pair.  Later that day Kensley and I planted another flower to add to our porch container garden.  To finish the night off we went out to a great mexican restaurant for dinner.  Thanks Matt & Kensley for a wonderful Mother's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment